CSI & The Environment
You likely have seen the printing industry moving to embrace a more sustainable philosophy. It’s almost certain that you’ve talked and/or read about paper produced from trees grown in sustainable forests, substrates with recycled content, biodegradable substrates and inks; the list is continually growing.
Despite the number of years this has been happening, several competing agencies are still at work trying to regulate, codify, and yes, profit from environmental conservatism. And while conservation and sustainability is good, the need for a paid certification is questionable. After several years of evaluation, we at CSI have decided to implement our own approach.
CSI strongly feels that environmental responsibility is an essential part of our business model going forward, and will continue to be so for the long term. CSI pledges to make the following commitments, regardless of whether or not a governing body mandates them:
- Continue to purchase equipment that runs as cleanly and as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Use sustainable products/consumables whenever feasible.
- Evaluate the environmental impact of any new equipment purchase. Whether it is a new wide-format printer or piece of bindery equipment, CSI will analyze the impact that hardware has on the environment and do our best to address the issues that arise.
- Make available to our clients several substrates and media choices for their print projects that utilize many environmentally friendly practices. We work with manufacturers who provide bio-degradable vinyls, recycled mounting boards, and even bio-degradable laminate. While some of these materials are costly, we will offer them as options at our best possible pricing.
- Continue to research new products and materials as they become available.
- Commit to keep the environmental aspect in focus regardless of what direction we go.
It is our hope that our suppliers and other industry players will share our goals in this arena. And if you, our customer, have any suggestions or ideas that can help us, never hesitate to let us know.
Thank you for your continued support,
The staff at CSI